ABOUT THIS POSITION
This position coordinates programs in the arts such as the Arts in Education or Art Administration. Duties include serving as a technical expert and providing education for museum programming and managing art exhibition projects. This recruitment may be used by any department that has a vacancy over the life of the eligible-for-hire list.
Currently a vacancy exists in the Aviation Department’s Museum Section. Responsibilities of this position include:
• Serving as the museum educator; writing didactic labels
• Conducting extensive internal and external community outreach, including conceptualizing and managing the Museum’s web presence;
• Assist in supervising and overseeing art exhibition installations;
• Conducting research for exhibitions, public art and special projects;
• Assisting with selecting artists and curating exhibitions;
• Assisting as a liaison for the Museum between artist, designers and community groups for the Exhibition Program;
• Preparing project budgets.
Recruitment closes February 20, 2018. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date
$49,338 – $73,653 annually.
• Three years of experience in arts, education, or design including experience in administering or managing arts projects or programs
• A bachelor’s degree in visual arts, museum studies, art education, architectural design or art related field.
• Other combinations of education and experience which meet the minimum qualifications may be substituted.
• Some positions require the use of a personal or City vehicle on City business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license, and have an acceptable driving record.
• Experience in art exhibition curation, design, implementation, installation methods for a variety of fine art, cultural/historical artifacts
• Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign and Microsoft Publisher computer programs
• A current knowledge of the Arizona’s Art and Cultural community
• Knowledge of artwork construction and fabrication methods
• Working knowledge of public art: selection process and materials
• Knowledge of museum practices and methods of education programs and outreach
• Graphic design basics
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please visit: http://phoenix.gov/webcms/groups/internet/@inter/@dept/@hr/documents/web_content/info.pdf
• If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Center at (602) 262-6277.
Art Specialist, JC: 41210, ID# 8633, April 1, 2013, JSB, Benefits: Supervisory and Professional
City of Phoenix employees demonstrate superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible activity.
Organization/Company: Phoenix Airport Museum/City of Phoenix Website: https://hcmprod.phoenix.gov/psc/hcmprodtam/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?FOCUS=Applicant Location: Phoenix, AZ Deadline: February 20, 2018 How to Apply: https://hcmprod.phoenix.gov/psc/hcmprodtam/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?FOCUS=Applicant