The Arts Programming Assistant manages the coordination of EDGE Happy Hour and Performance with a View events at Tempe Center for the Arts. This includes booking musical acts, negotiating and completing artist contracts, and coordinating technical needs with other TCA staff.
This is a part-time, non-benefited position.
Requires comprehensive computer skills, keen familiarity with local music scene, and strong interpersonal skills. Related professional experience in booking musical gigs and completing artist contracts is preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
• Scout local musical groups and performers for inclusion in EDGE Happy Hour lineup or Performance with a View events;
• Prepare personal services contracts with artists and collect other forms necessary for payment processing; ascertain artists’ technical needs;
• Maintain shared scheduling calendars; attend event planning meetings; coordinate location and technical needs with production staff; prepare monthly event information packet;
• Coordinate with TCA marketing staff in creating event marketing materials and social media postings;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and work with multiple workgroups to complete tasks;
• Demonstrate effective time management and organization skills; initiative and self-starter skills are essential;
• Perform record keeping and maintain organized filing system;
Applicant Requirement: Requires successful completion of selection process, completion of background investigation and verification of identity/work authorization.
Work schedule: not to exceed 19.75 hours/week with flexible days/times (Monday-Friday)
Organization/Company: City of Tempe
Location: Tempe, AZ
Deadline: Open until filled.
How to Apply: Find the complete job description and application on our website at www.tempe.gov/artsjobs
Email Resume and Application to:
For questions, please contact:
Joy Higgins at 480-350-2816
An equal opportunity/reasonable accommodation employer