Tempe Center for the Arts seeks an Arts Coordinator of Production to coordinate and oversee the production needs of events at TCA. Responsibilities include supervising and scheduling the production team, ensuring operational readiness of performance systems and equipment, and monitoring related expenses.
Deadline: Open until filled
Position Type: Full-time, benefited
Salary Range: $57,294-$77,346/year
Experience & Training:
Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in theatrical production, technical direction, production management or a degree related to the core functions of this position. Equivalent to three years of full-time work experience in technical direction and/or production management in a multi-venue performing arts facility or similar venue or application.
Applicable experience may include lighting and audio implementation and execution, touring technical management, and/or theatrical production organization.
Essential Job Functions:
• Coordinate and oversee production needs of events in the Tempe Center for the Arts (TCA). Oversee function spaces within TCA and serve as site manager during events.
• Advise on technical production needs of booked and/or prospective events. Review technical needs and riders of prospective clients.
• Schedule, coordinate, oversee and evaluate TCA production staff, regular and temporary.
• Ensure operational readiness of performance systems and equipment. Perform and/or coordinate regular maintenance and safety inspections of all theatrical systems and equipment.
• Confer with incoming user organization(s) (clients) to clarify and coordinate production and personnel needs. Assure all pre-event preparations are completed to satisfaction in a timely manner.
• Develop and maintain production area records; prepare reports as necessary.
• Liaise with third-party security for scheduling and to address any pertinent issues.
• Monitor expenses related to production activities at the TCA.
• Load, unload, carry, push, and slide unwieldy and/or heavy objects.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor of Production.
Organization/Company: City of Tempe Website: https://www.tempecenterforthearts.com/home-tca Location: Tempe, AZ Deadline: Open until filled How to Apply: Go to www.tempe.gov/jobs to complete the online application process.