The Arizona Citizens for the Arts Internship Program provides undergraduate students the opportunity to promote the value of our nonprofit arts sector and advocate for public funding and private philanthropy to make sure the arts are available and accessible to every citizen of Arizona. Through a variety of projects, the intern will gain an understanding of non-profit arts administration and advocacy. Interns will learn skills in office management, community outreach, event coordinating, development, and public policy.
The Arts Advocacy Intern should be organized, possess a positive attitude, and an ability to problem-solve. This position reports to the Office Coordinator. The intern will be expected to be reliable, communicative, and provide a fresh perspective.
1. Work alongside staff on office management, community outreach, and development projects.
2. Data entry and systems maintenance
3. Assist with membership mailings
4. Participate in social marketing
5. Assist with event planning
6. Assist in organizing materials and supplies
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Excellent verbal and written communication.
2. Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
3. Interest and background in the arts, public policy, and grassroots community outreach and organizations.
Must be able to lift and move up to 20 pounds, and in cases of special events, have the ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time. It is preferred that the candidate have a valid Arizona Driver’s License.
Organization/Company: Arizona Citizens for the Arts
Location: Phoenix, AZ
How to Apply: Please submit the following by email to [email protected] with the Subject Line: Arts Advocacy Internship
1. A letter of inquiry, speaking to coursework, experience or special interests and skills related to the position, and what you hope to gain from this internship.
*References upon request.
Visit our website to find out more about us and what we do at www.azcitizensforthearts.org