Rosie’s House: A Music Academy for Children is a nationally recognized free afterschool music program for students from economically disadvantaged families. Rosie’s House believes music education creates hope, fuels the imagination, sparks creativity, and is a powerful force for social justice and vitality in our community. Certified by the National Guild for Community Arts Education, Rosie’s House provides 500 students, ages 5-18, with instruction in strings, winds, piano, choir and mariachi. Rosie’s House is a creative youth development program that utilizes music education to achieve youth development goals.
Rosie’s House employs six full-time staff, 24 part-time highly trained music educators, and has an annual operating budget of approximately $1,000,000 (contributed revenue model). Rosie’s House is seeking a creative, driven and passionate Advancement & Marketing Coordinator who thrives in a high-paced and collaborative environment. The ideal candidate is bilingual Spanish/English.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities
• Maintains donor files and donor database including all daily gift processing, timely acknowledgement letters, and donor reporting
• Communicates with donor to intake instrument donations and coordinates follow-up including acknowledgement or receipt
• Manages calendar of grant opportunities including applications and reporting deadlines
• Researches new grant, sponsorship and funding opportunities
• Develops donor-centric direct mail appeals and online campaigns
• Creates donor mailing lists and reports
• Assists with donor cultivation and stewardship activities as appropriate
• Provides organizational and coordination support for special projects, studies and campaigns
Special Event Responsibilities
• Produces, in tandem with staff, organization events including concerts, fundraisers, and other events
• Works with event team to ensure management of guest lists, RSVPs, and acknowledgements
• Maintains inventory of event-related in-kind gifts
• Creates special event committee meeting agendas and minutes and distributes them accordingly
• Oversees and recruits special event and office volunteers as needed
• Coordinates special event requests from general public
• Assists in development of annual fundraising and marketing communication plan
• Develops compelling bilingual collateral and content including advertisements, newsletters (print and online), direct mail, email, invitations, annual reports, website updates and social media
• Manages global communications for organization stakeholders including current families, interested families, current and new donors and corporate partners
• Develops messaging that upholds our brand promise and appeals to a variety of audiences
• Presents organizational information in a variety of settings including special events, tabling events, and speaking engagements
• Execute marketing analysis, making recommendations based on insights to improve future marketing strategy
• Act as organization liaison with external graphic designers, print vendors and mail house
• Answer primary organization phone and email. Calls/emails received are in English or Spanish.
• Receives visitors, vendors and donors as appropriate
• Responds to general public inquiries as appropriate
• Coordinates the purchase of needed marketing materials
• Contributes to a workplace culture that values collaboration, respect, professionalism, accountability, and mission-focused decision making
• Contributes to the success of organizational and strategic goals through generation of ideas and execution of strategy in coordination with staff, faculty and Board.
Essential Qualities and Character Traits
You will succeed in this role at Rosie’s House if:
• You have exceptional messaging, communication, marketing and writing skills
• You pay close attention to details and are thorough and accurate when completing tasks
• You have an attitude of inclusiveness, empathy, enthusiasm, and high-energy
• You thrive in a collaborative environment
• You accept responsibility for the quality of job performance and make changes as needed
• You are service oriented with a passion for music education and positive youth development
Education, Experience and Other Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
• 2-4 years direct experience in non-profit work environment, specifically in marketing or equivalent relevant experience
• Direct experience in messaging, content creation, and communication strategies
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, Donor Database experience, WordPress, Mailchimp and general technical ability required
• Salesforce experience preferred
• Bilingual Spanish preferred
Organization/Company: Rosie’s House: A Music Academy for Children
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] using “Advancement & Marketing Coordinator” and your name in the subject. In addition, please include the Employment Application that can be found on the Rosie’s House website. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Salary is commensurate with experience and will be in the range of $34,000 - $40,000 annually. Benefits include full health, dental, vision coverage and generous PTO package. Generally, the hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, however will require some weekends and evenings. Rosie’s House respects, values, and welcomes diversity in our workforce. We welcome candidates of varied backgrounds, capabilities, perspectives, social identities and gender expressions. Rosie’s House is an equal opportunity employer.
Rosie’s House is committed to creating a safe environment free from abuse of any kind. Because we care for children and must protect them, Rosie’s House has policies that safeguard our children. Rosie’s House requires Sexual Abuse Awareness Training, Screening Process and Criminal Background Check for all faculty and staff members before employment begins. When we suspect abuse, we report to law enforcement.
Conditions: This position description does not promise or imply that the functions listed are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change. Company reserves the right to revise the responsibilities or to require other or different tasks be performed at any time. Employment is contingent upon: Ability to receive/maintain a fingerprint clearance card.