To support creative engagement for all ages
Lifelong Arts Engagement Grants support partnerships that foster meaningful arts learning experiences in a variety of community settings for learners of any age. Community/social service organizations or governmental entities partnered with arts organizations or professional teaching artists are eligible to apply.
Lifelong Arts Engagement Grants support partnerships that foster meaningful arts learning experiences in community settings for learners of any age in one of the following three categories:
- Participant Engagement: For projects taking place over a period of time with a group of identified participants with arts learning and/or creative expression outcomes.
- Planning: For projects focusing on evaluation, resource development, etc., and/or planning for a future Participant Engagement project.
- Professional Development: For projects providing arts-based training and learning for the staff, administration, etc., of the applicant
Lifelong Arts Engagement Grants support a wide range of projects taking place in community settings. These projects can include, but are not limited to, experiences that link the arts to youth development outcomes, use creative expression to improve quality of life for older adults (Creative Aging), and/or provide sequential hands on learning in, through, or about the arts for learners of any age.
- An applicant must be incorporated as an Arizona nonprofit organization with tax-exempt status or be a unit of government. Eligible organizations include adult day centers, assisted living facilities, arts and cultural organizations, community-based service organizations, libraries, neighborhood centers, parks and recreation departments, retirement communities, rehabilitation centers, social service organizations, university/college departments and more. Unincorporated organizations may apply through a registered nonprofit fiscal sponsor.
- Community/social service organizations or governmental entities partnered with arts organizations or professional teaching artists are eligible to apply.
- An applicant may submit only one application per cycle, and may receive only one Lifelong Arts Engagement Grant per fiscal year.
- Across grant programs, the Arts Commission limits the number of applications that may be submitted by a given organization or unit of government to one (1) application per funding period (July 1 – June 30 of the following year). While an organization or unit of government may be eligible for more than one grant program, they may only apply for one of them in a given funding period. (See FAQ number 5 for more information)
- Individual teaching artists or arts organizations may be listed as partners on a maximum of seven (7) funded Lifelong Arts Engagement Grant applications in a given fiscal year. If the number of applications on which a given individual teaching artist or arts organization is listed as a partner in a single funding cycle exceeds the total number that may be funded for that fiscal year, they will be asked to advise the Arts Commission on which application(s) will be withdrawn from consideration. The Arts Commission requests that prospective applicants consider this restriction before applying.
Program Update, July 2, 2018
A planned CYCLE C application deadline was listed in previous versions of this document as well as on the Arts Commission’s website and newsletters. Based on feedback from potential applicants and analysis of recent trends, the third application cycle has been cancelled and the deadline for CYCLE B pushed back to October 4, 2018. Those who had planned to apply in CYCLE C are advised to apply in CYCLE B instead.
Eligible project activities must take place between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019. Grant funds cannot be used for any projects, or days of a project, that take place before the start date of the cycle in which they are submitted, and/or after the end of the fiscal year.
CYCLE A Application Deadline: 11:59pm Thursday, May 31, 2018.
For projects taking place between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019.
CYCLE B Application Deadline: 11:59pm Thursday, October 4, 2018. For projects taking place between November 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019.
The application deadline for Cycle B funding (for activities taking place between November 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019) is now closed.
The guidelines below are provided only for reference.