To enhance and support arts learning in schools
Arts Learning Collaboration Grants enhance the work of school-based arts teaching and learning programs through collaborative projects taking place in-school (during regular school hours), after-school, or during summer/inter-session and in-services.
Arts Learning Collaboration Grants enhance the work of school-based arts teaching and learning programs through collaborative projects taking place in-school (during regular school hours), after-school, or during summer/inter-session and in-services in one of the following three categories:
- Planning: Future project planning, curriculum development, evaluation, resource development, etc.
- Professional Development: Training and learning for certified arts educators, classroom teachers, administration, teacher/artist teams, etc.
- Student Learning: Sequential, hands-on learning in, through, and/or about the arts.
Collaborative projects may engage any number of collaborators, but must involve a minimum of two parties, one of which represents the applicant. For example, collaborations could take place between teachers or departments within a school, between multiple schools within a district, or between a school and a community arts resource (teaching artists or arts organizations).
- An applicant must be an Arizona school or school district with tax-exempt status.
- An applicant may submit only one application per cycle, and may receive only one Arts Learning Collaboration Grant per fiscal year.
- Individual teaching artists or arts organizations may only be listed as collaborators for a maximum of seven (7) Arts Learning Collaboration Grant applications in any given fiscal year.
Program Update, July 2, 2018
A planned CYCLE C application deadline was listed in previous versions of this document as well as on the Arts Commission’s website and newsletters. Based on feedback from potential applicants and analysis of recent trends, the third application cycle has been cancelled and the deadline for CYCLE B pushed back to October 4, 2018. Those who had planned to apply in CYCLE C are advised to apply in CYCLE B instead.
Eligible project activities must take place between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019. Grant funds cannot be used for any projects, or days of a project, that take place before the start date of the cycle in which they are submitted, and/or after the end of the fiscal year.
CYCLE A Application Deadline: 11:59pm Thursday, May 31, 2018.
For projects taking place between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019.
CYCLE B Application Deadline: 11:59pm Thursday, October 4, 2018. For projects taking place between November 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019.
The application deadline for Cycle B funding (for activities taking place between November 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019) is 11:59pm Thursday, October 4, 2018.
Please thoroughly review the grant guidelines provided below before applying.