Wavemaker Arts Grants are available to non-profit organizations providing inclusive arts and culture programming
in Tempe. The Community Arts Grants Program supports a commitment to advancing Tempe as a vibrant and
progressive community for cultural and artistic activity, and aims to fulfill the following recommendations from the
Arts and Culture Plan:
• Increase and promote Community-Initiated Arts projects
• Support community festivals celebrating cultural diversity
• Continue, expand and enhance informal arts programming provided in community settings
Amount: Up to $10,000 – requires equally matching cash contributions
Deadline: May 24, 2021 at 11:59pm
How to Apply: All applicants are strongly encouraged to meet with Maja Aurora, Community Arts Administrator,
before completing the application. Online scheduling poll and application found at www.tempe.gov/artsgrants
• Project must take place in Tempe between September 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022.
• Requests may include services of artists, arts educators, professional services, supplies, stipends,
production costs, space rental, travel, food, marketing and printing.
• Project structures may include programming with youth in schools and community, festivals or events, multiple programs through out the year that occur in Tempe.
• Non-Profit organizations providing arts programming in Tempe
• Applicants are only eligible to receive one Arts Grant per year (September 1-June 30)
Restrictions; this grant does not fund:
• activities that occur outside of the City of Tempe;
• an organization or learning institution’s administrative or artistic staff salaries; grant administration,
overhead or processing fees taken by an umbrella/parent organization as a percentage of the total award;
• university- or college-sponsored projects or unless they are open to non-credit participants;
• enhancements to the exterior public-facing façade of a facility (ie. murals or permanent infrastructure);
• construction or renovation of facilities, reduction of debt, feasibilities studies;
• fundraising, re-granting, scholarship programs or awards;
• for-profit organizations or organizations that are incorporated for religious purposes or projects that focus
on religious themes;
• an applicant who failed to submit a Final Report from a previously funded grant.
Organization/Company: City of Tempe
Location: Tempe, AZ
Deadline: May 24, 2021 @ 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply: Complete online application found at: www.tempe.gov/ArtsGrants
All applicants are highly encouraged to schedule a one-on-one mentoring session. These sessions provide focused individual time to dive deeper into specific project ideas and the grant process so applicants can produce the best submission possible. Sign up for a Zoom session or phone call with Maja Aurora, Community Arts Administrator (sign up on website)