Vibrant City Arts Grants are available to artist collectives, cultural groups, LLCs and non-profit organizations
providing inclusive arts and culture programming in Tempe. The Community Arts Grants Program aims activate
Tempe as a supportive place for artists and a home for community creativity in all its forms.
Amount: Up to $2,500 – no match required
Deadline: May 24, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
• Applicants do not need to be Tempe-based, but their projects must occur in Tempe between September
1, 2021- June 30, 2022.
• Requests may include services of artists and educators, professional services, supplies, stipends,
production costs, space rental, travel, food, marketing and printing.
• Projects may include, but are not limited to: Artist Residencies in communities, Workshops or panel discussions, Pop-Up arts events, Site-Specific Performances
• Artist collectives, cultural groups, LLCs, or non-profit organizations providing arts programming in Tempe. (An applicant’s current programming must be majority related to arts and/or culture.)
• Applicants are only eligible to receive one Arts Grant per year (September 1-June 30).
Restrictions; this grant does not fund:
• activities that occur outside of the City of Tempe;
• corporations, organizations, or LLCs with an annual budget of over $50,000;
• individuals who are full-time faculty at a college or university (adjuncts are eligible to apply);
• enhancements to the exterior public-facing façade of a facility (ie. murals or permanent infrastructure);
• construction or renovation of facilities, reduction of debt, feasibilities studies;
• fundraising, re-granting, scholarship programs or awards;
• organizations that are incorporated for religious purposes or projects that focus on religious themes;
• an applicant who failed to submit a Final Report from a previously funded grant.
Organization/Company: City of Tempe
Location: Tempe, AZ
Deadline: May 24, 2021 @ 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply: Complete online application found at www.tempe.gov/ArtsGrants
All applicants are strongly encouraged to meet with Maja Aurora, Community Arts Administrator,
before completing the application for mentorship and application support. Online scheduling poll and application found at www.tempe.gov/artsgrants