Florence: In the Shadows of the Masters is a six-week summer program designed to give participants an opportunity to spend a summer living in the historic city of Florence while earning 6 credits studying Ancient and Classical Art History, and Drawing. The Drawing Course is designed for first-time drawing students as well as students with more advanced drawing experience. Florence is one of the most famous and beautiful cities in Italy. It is also the cradle of the Renaissance and an Etruscan settlement. Not far from Florence (20 minutes) many small towns, such as Siena, San Gimignano, Lucca, and Pisa give students more opportunities to discover art and absorb Italian culture. A program trip to Rome, including the Vatican and Sistine Chapel, will help highlight this exciting summer opportunity and experience.
- May 14 – June 27, 2020
- 6-week program in Florence, Italy
- Study Drawing and Art History, Earn 6 credits
- Academic Visits to Florence Art Museums, Florence Cathedral and Dome, Markets, Cultural Sites and more!
- Program Trip to Rome, the Colosseum, Vatican, and Sistine Chapel
- Day Trips available to beautiful towns in the Tuscany region
- No Prerequisites, GPA 2.5
- Honors Contracts Available
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2020
To apply for this program, click the “Apply Now” button above. This will generate an online application with the requirements listed below. Please also refer to the “Academics” tab for specific eligibility information.
Note: Non-ASU students should consult these instructions before applying.
- Electronically sign our standard signature documents:
- Submit emergency contact details
- Submit summer program fee billing preference
- Interview with Faculty Director
- Submit a one page resume
Organization/Company: ASU Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts Website: https://studyabroad.asu.edu/ Location: Florence and Rome, Italy Deadline: March 1, 2020 How to Apply: https://studyabroad.asu.edu/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgram&Program_ID=11257