Studio Artists Residency Description:
The Studio Artists Program is looking for a visual artist with experience in teaching for a three-year residency. This partnership between Tempe Elementary District and the City of Tempe provides students with an opportunity to experience quality arts programming and provide personal studio space for the artists.
• Be available to teach workshops in different schools in the Tempe Elementary School District during the 2023-24, 2024-25, and 2025-2026 school years.
• Upon selection, complete fingerprint clearance card application (reimbursement available).
• Develop a hands-on workshop that relates to the artist’s expertise and style.
• Lives in Maricopa County
• Experience in teaching visual arts (i.e., museums, classrooms, after school programs, etc.)
• Interest in working with elementary school students
• Actively creating work
Artist Residency Compensation
• Up to $5,000 per school year
Artists will receive $200 per 4-hour workshop in approximately 25 classrooms
Workshops divided into four class meetings.
• 24/7 access to art studio space on a school campus (shared with one other artist)
Residency Timeline – 23-24 School Year
• June – New Artist Orientation Meetings
• July – Workshop Development with Support & Studio Move-in
• August – Scheduling Workshops in Classrooms
• September through May – Workshops in Classrooms
Organization/Company: City of Tempe
Location: Tempe, AZ
Deadline: First Review: April 19th
How to Apply: Submittable Application: Complete questionnaire on Submittable.com and upload requested documents/files
- Resume/CV: Include recent teaching experience and accomplishments as an artist (up to 2 pages)
- 5 Images: Images of personal completed artwork
Amanda McGlothern, Community Arts Specialist