The New Works Artist Project Grant seeks to support the depth and breadth of new artwork created and produced in the City of Tucson. It supports individual artists’ projects that meet the highest standards of excellence across a diverse spectrum of artistic disciplines. All New Works projects must include the development and production of new art work and take an original and imaginative approach to content and form.
Important dates for the New Works grant for FY 2018-2019 (in the fields of Performing Arts (theater, performance art, dance, music) and Emerging Fields, and Music/Sound:
- Application opens (online only): January 10, 2018.
- Workshop date: Friday February 2, 2018
- Application deadline: March 14, 2018.
- Notifications sent: April 25, 2018.
The disciplines Visual Arts, Literature (includes narrative, poetry, playwriting, and Film/Video (moving image) will be awarded in the following year, 2019-2020.
Who is eligible?
- Applicants must be a working artist living in the City of Tucson.
- Projects must premiere within Tucson city limits.
- Applicants must be an individual artist or artistic collaboration to apply.
- If proposed projects is a collaboration, applicant may list up to three collaborators and must designate one person to be the main contact for project.
- Traditional artist or folk life practitioners working on new and innovative projects are welcome to apply. Please check the appropriate artistic discipline listed at the beginning of the application form.
- Projects that are special, one-time collaborations with an organization (e.g., theater companies, art film houses) are eligible, but must not appear as part of that organization’s 2017-2018 season. Applicants may not be part of the board, staff, or be an ensemble member of that organization.
- Non-profit organizations may not apply.
- Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program or an MFA student taking more than 1⁄4-time credit classes during the project timeline may not apply.
- Projects that have received P.L.A.C.E. Initiative grant or New Works Artist Project grant support in the past are not eligible.
- Artists who have outstanding final reports or projects from any past Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona awards may not apply.
Organization/Company: Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona Website: http://artsfoundtucson.org/grant/new-works/ Location: Tucson, AZ Deadline: March 14, 2018 How to Apply: For more information, visit http://artsfoundtucson.org/grant/new-works/