HD SOUTH–Home of the Gilbert Historical Museum, in partnership with Fry’s Food Stores, a division of the Kroger Company, will commission a professional artist to create indoor artwork for a new Fry’s Food store in Queen Creek. The store will be located on South Ellsworth Road.
The artwork will be prominently displayed on a wall inside the store as part of the Kroger Company’s commitment to involving artists in beautifying new stores in Arizona and throughout the nation. The artwork will be expected to create an uplifting experience in the stores, create a space that encourages community gathering, and celebrates the spirit of the community and the unique identity of the neighborhood and its surroundings.
The artwork will be mounted on panels of durable material that can be attached to the wall. The piece of art will be in a central seating area within the store and should be 12 feet wide by 6 feet high. This opportunity is open to professional artists in the East Valley/Phoenix Metro area with the ability to produce exemplary large-scale art. This is a “work for hire” with Kroger owning all rights to the work. The artist will retain the right to use the artwork in their portfolio, website, and on any promotional, non-commercial items.
SEMI-FINALIST PROPOSAL AWARD: Up to three artists from the applicant pool will be selected to prepare a design/drawing of the proposed awards. They will be paid $300 for their proposals.
PROJECT BUDGET: One artist will be awarded a commission of $9,000. This amount includes all artist fees and the cost of the design, including fabrication and installation on said panels, and will include transportation and insurance costs to deliver said artwork to the new Fry’s Food Store, October 6, 2021.
The general on-site contractor of the new Fry’s Food Stores, with the guidance of the artist, will perform the installation of said artwork.
• RFQ Document Submission Deadline: April 30, 2021
• Semi-Finalists notified: May 7, 2021
• Semi-Finalists Design/Drawing Due: June 7, 2021
• Finalist Chosen: July 9, 2021
• Project and delivery deadline: October 6, 2021
Organization/Company: HD SOUTH/Kroger Company
Location: Queen Creek AZ
Deadline: April 30, 2021
How to Apply: Interested artists must submit the following documents and supporting materials VIA EMAIL (NO MAILED OR HARD COPY SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED) to [email protected]:
1. A current resume in MS Word or PDF format
2. Three (3) images documenting previously completed works that demonstrate the ability to design, create and install large-scale art. Each image must be no larger than 5 MB and attached to the email in JPEG format.
3. An annotated information sheet with the title, date, medium, and the brief description of each image.