NET/TEN Travel Grants support activities to initiate new relationships or further develop existing relationships.
- Activities may take place in U.S. or internationally
- Awarded twice a year (Fall / Spring)
- Grants range from $500 to $2,000
Travel Grants are intended to:
- initiate and strengthen relationships
- remove the barriers of distance and travel
- meet potential cross-sector and cross-discipline partners (i.e. collaborations with those outside the arts, or from arts disciplines or genres beyond your own)
- explore new practices, ideas, or methods
Activities may include (but are not limited to) observerships, shared rehearsals, planning, training, and/or other exploration with outside partners. Artistic, administrative, and technical/production-based projects are welcome.
Here are a few examples:
-Visit an artist or company you’ve always wanted to get to know or observe;
-Bring in a guest artist to guide or lead a rehearsal;
-Plan a future project with another artist, ensemble, or presenter;
-Explore a theme, challenge, or technical element of an upcoming project;
-Host online conversations or e-meetings leading up to an in-person rehearsal;
-Get to know a potential cross-sector or cross-discipline partner (i.e. someone from outside the arts, or from an arts discipline or genre beyond your own).
Please click HERE to see more examples of previously funded Travel Grant activities.
Click here to see a chart comparing eligible expenses for each program.
Production expenses, production tours, equipment purchases and professional development offerings (e.g. using funds to register for conferences, festivals, or other pre-existing public workshops or trainings) are not supported by this program.
Organization/Company: Network of Ensemble Theaters Website: https://www.ensembletheaters.net Location: Portland, OR Deadline: April 2, 2019 How to Apply: Visit https://www.ensembletheaters.net/grants/travel-grants to apply.