The 2nd Hong Kong International Conducting Workshop will take place 12-17 Jan 2020.
For Workshop Participants:
- Receive instructions and valuable insights from three master conductors
- Conduct a professional symphony orchestra
- The workshop will be open to a maximum of 8 Participants (age 40 or under):
- Each Participant will receive approximately 100 minutes of podium time complemented by a video review
- Each Participant will receive a video of their participation
- 3 Participants selected by the master conductors will have an opportunity to conduct in a Showcase at the end of the workshop
- Part of the workshop (14 – 17 January) will be open to Observers
- Beethoven: Leonore Overture No 3, Op 72b
- Brahms: Symphony No 4 in E minor, Op 98: 1st movement
- Copland: Appalachian Spring Suite (for full orchestra)
- Schubert: Symphony No 8 in B minor, D759, “Unfinished”: 1st movement
- Stravinsky: Concerto in E-flat, “Dumbarton Oaks”
- Tchaikovsky: Symphony No 6 in B minor, Op 74, “Pathétique”: 1st movement
20 September 2019 (Friday)*: Deadline for application (Participants)
15 October 2019 (Tuesday)*: Announcement of results (Participants)
*was 1 Sep 2019 and 30 Sep 2019 respectively
Participants are required to bring their own scores and attend all of the workshop sessions above.
The workshop is open to conductors of any nationality, born on or after 18 January 1979
Please submit a completed application form on or before 20 September 2019 (Hong Kong time) with the following:
- a recent video of you conducting an orchestra or ensemble (piano reduction not preferred). The video should include not more than 2 works of up to 15 minutes in total;
- a video to introduce yourself (within 1 minute); and
- a recent photo (preferably taken in the last 3 months).
You may submit the video materials via DVD, USB drive, memory card or via a download link without expiration date (e.g. YouTube, Dropbox or Vimeo etc.).
Organization/Company: Hong Kong Sinfonietta
Location: Hong Kong, China
Deadline: September 20, 2019
How to Apply: For more, visit: https://www.hkconducting.com/conducting-workshop/2020.html
Email: [email protected]