Vision Gallery is looking for proposals for our 2021 – 22 Vision Kids season. You are invited to submit one or more proposals for individual, one-session classes you would like to teach.
Vision Kids has been central to Vision Gallery’s programming since 1997. These visual arts classes for kids age 6 to 16 are free to anyone who would like to participate, providing important access to arts education that our community’s youth may not be getting in school. We believe that all kids deserve an outlet to be creative.
● The deadline to submit a proposal is Sunday, May 16.
● Classes are 2 hours each, and are held in two separate sessions on Saturdays (10am – 12pm and 1pm – 3pm) with an hour break in between. Instructors will teach the same class twice on the same day.
● Class projects must be completed in the 2-hour session.
● Vision Gallery will provide all supplies
● Teaching artists are paid a stipend of $100/teaching hour. Payment is made the week following completion of the class, up to a total of $400.
● Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are planning for our Fall 2021 classes to happen via Zoom. We will provide all necessary equipment to make this possible for instructors. We are hoping to be able to host our Spring 2022 classes in person, and it may be possible to shift from virtual to in-person classes sooner. We will be making this decision based on advice from leading health professionals and experts in our field, and will work with instructors on a case-by-case basis.
● Currently we are programming for July 2021 – June 2022.
Organization/Company: Vision Gallery
Location: Chandler, AZ
Deadline: May 16, 2021 Midnight MST
How to Apply: How to Apply
The proposals should be sent to [email protected] by Sunday, May 16 and must include:
● Your name, mailing address, email and phone number
● Brief video introduction describing the project(s) you are proposing. This video should only include you and does not need to be edited with any special effects or examples of your work. The quality of this video will not be a factor in selection, we just want to meet you! Please include the following information:
o Your name and any brief professional information you’d like to share
o The name of your project and overview of what it is
o Approximate timeline of the activity
● Supply list, including approximate prices, of what will be needed to complete the project for 70 total students (35 students in each class)
● Resumé (optional)
● Please list your preferred availability (ex. September 2021, March – May 2022) for teaching and we will be in touch about more specific details if your class is selected.
Saturday, May 1, 2pm MST
We will host a virtual info session about the program via Zoom on Saturday, May 1 where we’ll go over the program and some helpful tips. Register in advance here: https://forms.gle/WUfmQxNferUuofZM8