What The Fender Music Foundation Donates
The Fender Music Foundation awards instruments and equipment to eligible music instruction programs. These items are lightly used, blemished or otherwise imperfect and have been collected from manufacturers and retailers. Descriptions regarding the specific imperfections of each instrument will be available to selected programs.
The organization is currently awarding acoustic guitars, electric guitars, acoustic-electric guitars, bass guitars and the equipment necessary to play these instruments. However, other traditional music instruments are sometimes available. Traditional instruments include string instruments, woodwind instruments, brass instruments, percussion instruments, keyboards and voice. DJ equipment and computers are not available through The Fender Music Foundation.
Grant Eligibility Criteria
The Fender Music Foundation awards traditional instruments only to music instruction programs that are part of 501c3 organizations or public schools in the United States. To qualify as a music instruction program, participants must be learning how to make music. Participants can be of any age. However, music appreciation or entertainment programs do not qualify, and the participants cannot be professional or career musicians. A qualified program must fit into one of these four categories:
- In-school music classes, in which the students make music
- After-school music programs that are not run by the school
- Community music programs, which offer music instruction to community members
- Music therapy programs, in which the participants make the music
In addition, the program must meet the following five criteria:
- Individuals are not denied participation based on their musical abilities.
- If the participants pay to participate, the fee is considerably less than the fair market value.
- The program has been functioning smoothly for at least one year.
- Each program participant receives music instruction at least once a week for at least eight months per year. (Camps and workshops are not eligible.)
- With or without a grant from The Fender Music Foundation, the organization is confident that the program will exist for the foreseeable future.
Organization/Company: Fender Music Foundation Website: http://www.fendermusicfoundation.org/ Location: Agoura Hills, CA Deadline: Ongoing. How to Apply: For more information about the application process, visit http://www.fendermusicfoundation.org/grants/grants-info/