The Chandler Arts Commission are looking for an Arizona-based artist or artist team to create an indoor 2D or 3D artwork for the Chandler Center for the Arts (CCA) Lobby. The City would prefer an artwork that is created off-site and then installed in the Chandler Center for the Arts, at 250 N Arizona Ave. The artwork should be roughly 16 feet wide x 16 feet high with depth to be determined. The project budget is $20,000, which will cover all aspects of the project including, but not limited to, design, project management, insurance, materials, and creation / installation. The CCA may also be interested in using aspects of the artwork for additional marketing purposes. Licensing and usage agreements would be part of a separate budget and contract.
Organization/Company: City of Chandler
Location: Chandler, AZ
Deadline: Monday, January 9, 11:59pm MST
How to Apply: Submit via our webform here: https://forms.gle/wCmXin72sZd2jH2a8
Submission Criteria – All entries must include:
1. Current contact information, including email and phone number
2. Digital Images: Up to 5 images can be submitted per team and should include past completed projects. Artists are not required to include a proposed original design at this stage. All images should be included in the .pdf file and be 2000 – 3000 pixels in the longest direction.
In one document:
3. A corresponding image list with all pertinent information, including size, date completed, and materials used.
4. Artist/Artist team members’ biographical information.
5. If available, submit a current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) including artist(s) accomplishments. Resume or CV should not exceed 2 pages. If a resume is not available or does not accurately represent your qualifications, please submit a list of your artistic accomplishments.
6. An introduction not to exceed 500 words explaining your previous completed projects (if applicable) and any inspirations you will draw on for this project.
This is a request for qualifications, not a request for proposals. At this time, we are
only requiring examples of past work. A small group of finalists will attend a site visit, be
given additional information, and be paid a stipend to submit a formal design proposal
before a decision is reached.