Canal Convergence 2023: Request for Temporary Public Art Proposals: Phase I
Deadline: Friday, April 7, 2023, 11:59 p.m. Arizona time (year-round daylight standard time)
Budget: We will accept budgets between $5,000 and $35,000 (USD).
Eligibility: All local, regional, and international artists, artist teams, architects, designers, and multimedia specialists are invited to submit a proposal. Due to evolving COVID-19 pandemic travel restrictions, international artists who apply must have remote installation as an option for their proposal.
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona, U.S.A.
Description: Scottsdale Public Art seeks proposals for outdoor, temporary public artworks to be featured in and around the Arizona Canal at the Scottsdale Waterfront in Scottsdale, Arizona. Canal Convergence will be on view for 10 days, from Nov. 3–12, 2023. Some projects may be selected to remain installed for an additional 1–2 months after the Canal Convergence event dates. This year’s central theme is “The Power of Play.”
This call is specifically targeting outdoor, light-based installations. Nighttime presence/activation is required, daytime presence/activation is encouraged.
NEW for the Canal Convergence 2023 RFP:
• Canal Convergence 2023 is looking for 1-2 artists to present multiple (2-3) installations for the event, so multiple submissions by one artist/studio is highly encouraged.
• Art installations that do not require 24-hour security are preferred, but not required.
This call is Phase I of II. Phase I asks artists to focus primarily on the proposal concept, images, rendering, and estimated total budget. Once Phase I closes on April 7, 2023, up to 30 proposals will be selected for Phase II via Scottsdale Public Art staff review. These artists will be asked to provide more detailed information on their proposals, which will be presented to a final selection panel composed of Scottsdale Arts staff and board members, city of Scottsdale and Salt River Project staff, and community stakeholders. Required additional information for Phase II will include, but is not limited to, a detailed timeline, itemized budget, support crew, heavy equipment and power requirements, etc.
For more detailed information about this RFP, the artwork event theme “The Power of Play,” and the installation site, download the RFP PDF information packets linked below. It is highly recommended that you review both documents before you submit your proposal:
Canal Convergence 2023 RFP Info Packet: https://canalconvergence.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Canal-Convergence-2023_RFP-FINAL.pdf
Canal Convergence 2023 Site Map Info:https://canalconvergence.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Canal-Convergence-2023_RFP-Site-Map.pdf
Organization/Company: Scottsdale Arts
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Deadline: April 7, 2023
How to Apply: How to apply:
1. Download both of the RFP information packets at https://canalconvergence.com/call-for-art-2023/ and review all the information necessary to make a successful submission.
2. Create a free account Submittable.com
3. Go to the Canal Convergence 2023 RFP submission form on Submittable.com and submit your proposal: https://scottsdalearts.submittable.com/submit/253354/canal-convergence-2023-request-for-temporary-public-art-proposals-phase-i