The 2014 Joint Arts Education Conference, presented by the Arizona Commission on the Arts and the Arizona Department of Education, took place at the Phoenix Art Museum on Monday, October 20, 2014. Below you can find resources from the conference sessions.
2014 Arizona Arts Education Data Report
Arts Education in Arizona Public Schools for the 2012/2013 School Year: An Analysis of the Arizona Highly Qualified Teachers Database
This summary publication, prepared by Quadrant Research and released at the 2014 Joint Arts Education Conference, provides some comparison data on how arts education access has changed between 2009 and 2013 through an analysis of the arts teacher assignments in the 2012/2013 Highly Qualified Teachers database.
Review the data in an interactive online format: http://www.azarts.gov/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/CensusData/home.html
Conference Program and Presenter Bios
Facets of Arts Education Leadership
Breakout Session PowerPoints and Handouts
Can the Arts Turnaround Struggling Schools?
Close Reading in the Performing Arts: Music and Story
Effective Program Evaluation for Arts Learning Partnerships
- Avondale Elementary School District/Goodyear Arts and Culture Commission 2013-2014 Program Evaluation Report
- Free Arts/Children First Academy Phoenix 2013-2014 Program Evaluation Report
- Free Arts Midterm and Ending Evaluation – Youth 2013
- Free Arts Midterm and Ending Evaluation – Mentor 2013
- Free Arts Qualitative Data – Journals and interviews Spring 2014 – no names
Embody Learning: At the Intersection of Art, Curriculum and Creativity
First Glance: DRAFT Arizona Arts Standards
Practical Advocacy: Building Support for Arts Education in the Core Curriculum
Teacher Evaluation and Student Assessment