Oakwood Creative Care offers Day Clubs (licensed adult day health facilities) specializing in treatment beyond the traditional care model. Our INNOVATIVE research based programs are revolutionizing how care is delivered. We believe that a diagnosis does not define your life and that there is treatment beyond a pill. Our Members often experience challenges that can be associated with the aging process like memory impairment, strokes, and Parkinson’s disease to name a few. We believe this shouldn’t stop someone from having purpose, meaning, and a place to belong. We offer a variety of programs to treat the mind, body, and spirit. Oakwood Creative Care is seeking a caregiver who is passionate, energetic, proactive, and enthusiastic to meet the residents’ social, physical, spiritual, mental, emotional and sensory needs through day club activities.
Duties: Oakwood Creative Care is seeking an instructor/teaching artist to plan, facilitate, and coordinate woodworking sessions with club members who have cognitive and/or physical impairment.
Hours of Employment:
• Monday thru Friday
• 6-8 hours a week
• Previous woodworking experience
• Practical knowledge of a wide variety of woodworking materials
• The ability to demonstrate and teach members how to appropriately and safely use hand tools and power tools
• Sincere and strong interest in serving aging individuals and their families
• Wholeheartedly embrace our values of respect, imagination and collaboration
• Good interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in groups
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Ability to clear a background check
Organization/Company: Oakwood Creative Care Website: http://www.oakwoodcreativecare.org/ Location: Mesa, AZ Deadline: March 31, 2017 How to Apply: Please send resume to email@example.com