Reports to: Program Director Job Family: Salary, Full-Time, Exempt
About: Rosie’s House: A Music Academy for Children is a nationally recognized free afterschool music program for students from low-income families. Rosie’s House believes music education creates hope, fuels the imagination, sparks creativity, and is a powerful force for social justice and vitality in our community. Certified by the National Guild for Community Arts Education, Rosie’s House provides 425 students, ages 5-18, with instruction in strings, winds, piano, and ensemble opportunities in mariachi and choir. Rosie’s House is a creative youth development program that utilizes music education to achieve youth development goals.
Rosie’s House employs six full-time staff, 24 part-time highly trained music educators. Rosie’s House is seeking a passionate and experienced music educator with experience in violin performance and pedagogy to join the Rosie’s House team. This position offers opportunity for professional development and increased responsibility.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities
• Maintain a teaching load of 2 wind sectionals that include clarinet, saxophone, and flute students.
• Plan weekly instruction for wind sectionals in collaboration with Wind Ensemble Director
• Evaluate student progress using a variety of student assessment methods and participate in juries.
• Communicate proactively with parents and student about progress and concerns in conjunction with Program Coordinator.
• Maintain student policies and procedures in conjunction with Program Coordinator.
• Attend and participate in recitals, juries, department meetings, and school events (paid).
Skills, Traits, and Qualifications:
• Thorough knowledge of wind pedagogy, with proven success teaching beginners age 9-12 in an ensemble setting.
• Classroom experience teaching middle and/or high school band.
• Ability to identify and meet each student’s learning needs.
• Experience integrating project-based learning and student leadership development in a group class and/or ensemble.
• Commitment to respectful, compassionate, and proactive communication with students, families, and staff.
• Passion for transforming lives through high-quality music education.
Education, Experience and Other Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Music and/or Music Education required, Master’s degree in Music and/or Music Education preferred.
• Arizona Teaching Certification preferred.
• 2-3 years of experience teaching in public or private school setting.
• 1-2 years of direct experience in a community music school setting or equivalent.
Pay and Hours: Part-time position is hourly instruction at a rate of $40 per hour for group classes. Position is for program duration Sept. 5th to May 12th. Classes are on Rosie’s House campus and scheduled during school hours, Tues-Fri 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. and Saturdays 9:30 – 2:30 p.m. Some flexibility in scheduling is possible. Other hours as assigned. Rosie’s House respects values and welcomes diversity in our workforce. To this end, we encourage all interested persons to apply. EOE. Schedule will require evenings and/or weekends. Rosie’s House respects, values, and welcomes diversity in our workforce. EOE.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. Other duties as assigned. Employment is contingent on:
Ability to receive/maintain a fingerprint clearance card.
Participation in faculty retreat August 26th 2017, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Organization/Company: Rosie's House: A Music Academy for Children Website: http://www.rosieshouse.org Location: Phoenix, AZ Deadline: June 30, 2017 How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Catherine Reid (firstname.lastname@example.org). All questions may be directed to the same email address.