A seasonal part-time Academy Associate works closely with Academy Manager in the administration of the 2017 Childsplay Summer Theatre Academy programs. This will include customer service, scheduling, database management, staffing, and marketing support. Academy Associate will directly supervise student interns. While Academy Associate will participate in some of the educational elements of the summer courses, this position is ideal for those with an interest in arts administration or marketing.
Summer Academy Associate responsibilities include:
- Preparing student rosters for summer classes
- Communicating with parents about summer programming
- Responding to patron questions and concerns
- Assisting with creation of weekly marketing e-blasts
- Supervising student interns including generating their schedules and conducting weekly meetings
- Distributing weekly surveys to patrons and organizing response data
- Preparing materials for the classes including sign in folders and art supplies
- Supervise students during academy hours, including afternoon extended care
- Assisting in classrooms when needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- This is a part-time position not too exceed 25 hours a week beginning May 15th and continuing through August 4th.
- We have no classes July 4-8th and associate is only promised 10 hours that week or may choose to take the week off.
- Preferred hours for this position are Monday 8am-1pm, & Tuesday- Friday 1pm6pm; with some flexibility possible.
- Administrative and customer service experience valued highly.
- Experience working with young people.
- Compensation: $12 an hour
- Training and Support: Associate will participate in some theatre education training, and receive first-aid/CPR certification.
- Childsplay will pay for the cost of obtaining an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Possibly eligible for internship requirements. Please check with your University to determine whether credit is available for this opportunity. Previous Summer Associates have used this position to meet intern or practicum requirements for undergraduate and graduate programs.
Location: Tempe, AZ
Deadline: Open until filled.
How to Apply: Katie Brantley
Childsplay Theatre Academy Manager