Reports to: Program Director Job Family: Salary, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
About: Rosie’s House: A Music Academy for Children is a nationally recognized free afterschool music program for students from low-income families. Rosie’s House believes music education creates hope, fuels the imagination, sparks creativity, and is a powerful force for social justice and vitality in our community. Certified by the National Guild for Community Arts Education, Rosie’s House provides 425 students, ages 5-18, with instruction in strings, winds, piano, and ensemble opportunities in mariachi and choir. Rosie’s House is a creative youth development program that utilizes music education to achieve youth development goals.
Rosie’s House employs six full-time staff and 21 part-time highly trained music educators. Rosie’s House is seeking a passionate Program Coordinator who thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. In this role, the Program Coordinator will be encouraged to grow as a professional with multiple opportunities for training and professional development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate daily operations of the afterschool programs including student check-in procedures, school policies, and resource needs of classrooms, students, and faculty.
• Compile student data including student enrollment forms, student surveys, and student evaluations.
• Maintain accurate student and household records, attendance and enrollment information, communication logs, and task management in Salesforce database.
• Coordinate instrument loan process by following check in/out and recovery procedures.
Parent and Faculty Communication:
• Facilitate communication between parents, faculty, and Program Director, and set up meetings as needed
• Execute parent communication campaign in collaboration with Program Director
• Communicate with music education faculty around calendar items, deadlines for information submittal, and facility updates
• Monitor student attendance and uphold attendance policy with timely communication to parents and faculty
• Assist Program Director in communication with substitutes and accompanists
• Serve as the first impression for the organization in responding to phone/email inquiries from current and interested parents
• Coordinate Parent Committee and Parent Volunteer Program including the scheduling of volunteer activities and maintenance of volunteer records.
• Coordinate with Advancement and Finance Manager to utilize community volunteers in special campus events, concerts, and community activities
• Assist Program Director with student-driven leadership programs (Musicians Active in Community and Musicians Mentoring in Classroom) and college readiness program (College Path).
• Present organizational information in a variety of settings, including special events, tabling events, and speaking engagements.
• Contribute to a workplace culture that values collaboration, respect, professionalism, and mission-focused decision making.
Essential Qualities and Character Traits:
You will succeed in this role at Rosie’s House if:
• You have exceptional communication skills, able to connect with adults and children of all ages with diverse cultural backgrounds, communication styles, and life experiences
• You are able to efficiently and strategically manage competing priorities and complex logistics while maintaining a positive outlook
• You have an attitude of inclusiveness, empathy, enthusiasm, and high-energy
• You thrive in a collaborative environment with staff on many levels
• You accept responsibility for the quality of job performance and maks changes as needed
• You are service oriented with a passion for arts education and positive youth development
Education, Experience and Other Requirements:
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) required with the ability to speak, read and write in Spanish
• 1-2 Years direct experience in non-profit or educational work environment
• Previous experience working with diverse groups of adults and young people of all ages
• Ability to operate and drive company vehicle and provide access to DMV records to management
• Salesforce experience preferred
• Experience with youth-driven programs a plus
Pay and Hours: Applicant must be able to work most evenings and Saturdays during the school year (Sept.-May). Typical work week is 36 hours and will be Tues – Fri 12:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. These hours include an unpaid one-hour lunch. This is an hourly, entry-level position with growth potential. Benefits include full health, dental, vision coverage and generous PTO package. Hourly rate is $16 per hour. Schedule will require weekends and evenings. Rosie’s House respects, values, and welcomes diversity in our workforce. EOE.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. Other duties as assigned. Employment is contingent upon:
Ability to receive/maintain a fingerprint clearance card
Ability to attend faculty retreat on August 26th, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Organization/Company: Rosie's House: A Music Academy for Children Website: http://www.rosieshouse.org Location: Phoenix, AZ Deadline: June 30, 2017 How to Apply: How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Catherine Reid at email@example.com. Position open until June 30th, 2017. All questions may be directed to the same email address.