Childsplay, a professional theatre for young audiences in Tempe, Arizona seeks a proactive, detail oriented individual to join our Accounting team as a Full Charge Bookkeeper. This full time position will support the administrative efforts of Childsplay through management and input of the full cycle of accounting. In this role, the Full Charge Bookkeeper will become part of an ensemble organization that celebrates learning, creativity and education, be encouraged to innovate and grow as a professional with multiple opportunities for creative engagement, and become an integral part of Arizona’s arts and education community.
Full Charge Bookkeeper Responsibilities
– Enter and manage all Accounts Payables including all related vendor maintenance through to 1099 processing at year end
– Enter all Accounts Receivables and Income including maintaining pledges and their payments
– Perform monthly Reconciliations of all bank accounts and any GL accounts as needed
– Create Journal Entries as needed or as required at month/year end
– Maintain Petty Cash accounts including distribution, reconciliation and entry each month
– Manage Month-End Close process including creation of monthly departmental reports and collaboration with department heads on corrections and year to date forecasting
– Work closely with General Manager to create internal monthly Financial Statements and attend monthly Finance Committee meeting
– Complete full cycle Payroll processing including related tax prep and employee file maintenance with third party payroll processing service. Additionally working with HR Manager and General Manager on human resource integration as requested
– Prepare and file quarterly Sales Tax reporting
– Maintain and process Production Royalty calculations, billing and payments
– Create and collaborate on Grant Budgets as requested by Development Department.
– Complete Industry Surveys timely through-out the year
– Assist with annual prep and field work for Audit and 990 processing
– Assist as requested with annual Budgeting process as requested by General Manager
– Maintain a strong knowledge of Childsplay’s existing programs and work with ensemble to ensure accurate reporting while implementing and enforcing vigilant fraud and accounting policies
The ideal candidate will possess:
– A passion for the arts, education, and Childsplay’s mission and the ability to advocate for arts and youth in our community
– A bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (i.e. accounting/finance, non-profit management, arts administration or equivalent) and two years minimum professional or related experience with non-profit OR equivalent combination of education and experience
– Understanding of non-profit accounting principles
– Highly skilled in QuickBooks and Payroll processing
– High level of integrity and discretion
– Excellent organizational skills
– Skilled at Microsoft Office applications especially Excel
– Skill in time management in order to respond to multiple priorities with a strong ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
– Ability to communicate effectively across diverse personalities and departments
– A valid driver’s license and fingerprint clearance card are required
You’ll be a great fit if:
– You are comfortable with multi-tasking
– You stay cool under pressure and can laugh
– You have a passion and enthusiasm for theatre, arts, education, and young people
– You are a critical thinker with an ability to problem solve
– You thrive in collaborative environments
– You are self-directed and eager to grow. When given a starting point, you are comfortable stepping up and taking ownership
– You are always learning and enthusiastic about the prospect of being part of a learning organization
This is a full time exempt position of 40 hours per week. Salary range is $33,000 – $35,000 annually, plus benefits. Childsplay has a casual office environment and dress code. The company offers multiple ongoing meaningful opportunities for professional development and learning for all employees.
Organization/Company: Childsplay, Inc.
Location: Tempe, AZ
Deadline: Open until filled.
How to Apply: No phone calls please, we will contact candidates whose skill sets, education, and experience meets the requirements for the job. Childsplay is an equal opportunity employer committed to nondiscrimination hiring practices that support underrepresented arts professionals. We encourage candidates from a diversity of races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and religious affiliations to apply.
Applicants will submit a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 professional references via email with the subject line Full Charge Bookkeeper Application to Ellen Conn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded in 1977, Childsplay’s mission is “to create theatre so strikingly original in form, content or both, that it instills in young people an enduring awe, love, and respect for the medium, thus preserving imagination and wonder, those hallmarks of childhood, that are the keys to the future.” Please visit our website at www.childsplayaz.org for additional information about the company, our programs, and our work in the community.