Phoenix Art Museum is looking for a detail-oriented Family Programs Assistant to provide programmatic support for inter-generational education programs.
MAIN JOB DUTIES
1. Prepare program materials and provide assistance with event logistics for participatory Museum experiences for all ages and skill levels including; Discount Tire Free Family Weekends (2nd Saturday and Sunday of each month), Make It!(last Wednesday of each month), etc.
2. Assist with the development, facilitation and evaluation of art-making projects and in gallery activities to help families connect to the Museum’s collection and special exhibitions.
3. Research potential community partners for future family programs.
4. Provide exceptional customer service and build community relationships with recurring attendees of education programs.
5. Maintain stock levels of studio materials.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in art history, art education, studio art, museum education or equivalent preferred.
2. Minimum of one year of experience teaching in a museum, community or classroom setting, and familiarity with teaching from museum objects.
1. Art-making processes, diverse media and tools.
2. Art history and art education, including current education theories and trends.
3. Phoenix Art Museum’s collections, public programs and their importance to the community.
Skill and Ability to:
1. Organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple projects concurrently.
2. Follow through independently on routine responsibilities.
3. Communicate effectively and present complex ideas in a clear and compelling manner, both orally and in writing.
4. Work collaboratively and problem solve with skill and diplomacy.
5. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external constituencies, including teaching artists, contract educators, community partners, visitors, members, volunteers and staff.
6. Spanish language fluency is highly desirable.
7. Evening and weekend availability required.
Organization/Company: Phoenix Art Museum
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Deadline: Open until filled.
How to Apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and salary history with job code PAM-FPA to
Job Status: full-time, regular, non-exempt
Pay rate: $12.00/hour EOE