Job Title: Executive Director (Part-time)
Organization Info: The mission of Casa Libre en la Solana, since 2004, has been to support and enhance the creativity of professional and novice writers by providing a community venue for classes, readings, and other professional development opportunities. Currently, Casa Libre presents one-time events to support visiting writers traveling with new books, as well as the monthly Fair Weather Reading Series, curated by co-founder and outgoing executive director Kristen Nelson. We are often accepting proposals for new series to be hosted at and/or through Casa Libre. For more information on our programming visit: www.casalibre.org.
Historically, Casa Libre hosted a residency program, and the current board of directors is working toward reviving this community-growing focus. Over the past 13.5 years, we have hosted a variety of reading series, workshops, book release celebrations, and other arts and letters programming that celebrate emerging writers, multi-genre artists, writers of color, LGBTQIA writers, and female writers. Casa Libre inspires writers and artists to take risks and manifest their artistic dreams. We believe expression is a vital part of nourishing the human spirit.
Executive Director Summary: The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the successful leadership and management of Casa Libre according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors. This job is approximately 20 hours a week and the ideal candidate must be a self-directed and motivated administrator with excellent time management skills. The ED is the only paid staff member of the organization with the support of a committed and hands-on board of directors and volunteer base. This position has an extremely flexible schedule that typically includes no on-site programming during the months of December, June, July, and August. The new ED will have the freedom to brainstorm new programming ideas and support existing successful services.
- Board Administration and Support — Supports operations and administration of the Board of Directors by advising and informing Board members, and carrying out Board directives. Provides leadership in developing program, organizational, and financial plans with the Board of Directors, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
- Programs and Services — Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs and services. Carries out the day-to-day activities of all programs and services.
- Financial, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management — Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization’s resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations.
- Volunteer and Intern Management — Effectively manages coordination of volunteers and interns including recruitment, supervision, and scheduling.
- Community and Public Relations — Assures the organization and its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Fundraising — Oversees fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, writing and submitting grants, and administrating fundraising records and documentation.
- Excellent time management, self-directed scheduling, and communications skills.
- At least 2 year previous experience as a program coordinator, upper level administrator, or commensurate role in an organization.
- A demonstrated record of successful fundraising, grant writing, and/or donor cultivation.
- A demonstrated record of productive collaboration with external organizations and constituencies, in particular with diverse/underserved communities.
- Experience running a non-profit 501c3 organization.
- A college degree in related field.
- A demonstrated record of supporting writers of color, female writers, and LGBTQIA writers.
Rate of Pay: $17-20 an hour DOE; this position is not benefits eligible
Organization/Company: Casa Libre Website: http://www.casalibre.org/index.html Location: Tucson, AZ Deadline: April 1, 2017 How to Apply: Please email a CV and detailed letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org