Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts is seeking an experienced Executive Administrative Support Specialist with exceptional skills to join The Design School. The Executive Administrative Support Specialist is responsible to assist the Director in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks.
This position provides direct administrative support to the Director, requiring in-depth knowledge of academic operations, policies, and procedures. The person will handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature, making high-level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside the university.
- Performs a wide-variety of intricate administrative duties for The Design School requiring professionalism, tact, diplomacy, discretion and sound judgment, including:
- answering phones;
- greeting visitors;
- directing questions to the appropriate offices for resolution;
- maintaining the Director’s calendar;
- coordinating and arranging travel;
- compiling, preparing, and maintaining background material related to meetings, events and travel;
- coordinating and tracking follow-up to meetings, events and travel;
- maintaining official files and historical files of meetings; and scheduling and coordinating day-to-day calendar activities, including securing background information for meetings, gathering information for presentations and scheduling in-person, over the phone or video conferences.
- Independently composes correspondence on a variety of subjects requiring judgment, originality, and knowledge of issues involved.
- May assist in the development, design, and coordination of projects.
- Attends meetings and conferences.
- May supervise work of others as assigned/delegated.
- Provides back-up to other staff in the office.
- Other duties as assigned
Organization/Company: The Design School, Arizona State University
Location: Tempe, AZ
Deadline: July 7, 2017
How to Apply: Application deadline is 3:00 pm Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.