We are looking for a dynamic and professional administrative team leader for Scottsdale Arts, a pre-eminent nonprofit arts organization in the Southwest. This unique opportunity is for a select candidate who has a proven track record of exceptional fiscal acumen, comprehensive administrative oversight and an impeccable customer service orientation. If you have a passion for the arts, and the powerful impact it can have on people’s lives, we want to meet with you.
Scottsdale Arts was established in 1987 as a private, nonprofit management company contracted by the City of Scottsdale to independently administer its arts and cultural affairs. Since then, Scottsdale Arts has become a regionally and nationally significant arts organization with three principal operating divisions – each with a distinct focus – spanning the performing and visual arts: Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts, Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA) and Scottsdale Public Art. Through its three divisions, Scottsdale Arts produces, presents and hosts approximately 1,800 events annually serving more than 400,000 Scottsdale residents and visitors.
The Director of Finance and Administration is Scottsdale Arts’ leader in the areas of Finance, Information Technology, Operations, and Human Resources. This position is responsible for the implementation of a comprehensive financial plan, oversight of assigned departments, and the primary driver for the fiscal oversight of the organization. The Director of Finance and Administration will serve as a respected manager who will inspire the team and lead through example. The Director of Finance and Administrations serves on our Senior Management Team and works closely with the President, Division and Department Directors. This position reports to the President of the organization.
The Director of Finance and Administration will utilize the skills and abilities of our diverse staff and stakeholders to build upon the relationships to further our mission to develop, advance and deliver high-quality arts and cultural experiences and opportunities.
Knowledge and abilities needed to be successful in this position:
• Establishes and oversees the accounting policies of the organization to ensure the fiscal integrity of Scottsdale Arts.
• Develops and implements strategic planning process for all areas of oversight.
• Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of all financial reports, budgeting process and audit information.
• Oversees the general liability and insurance components to protect organization and stakeholders.
• Oversees the work performed within areas of oversight and ensures departments are proceeding in accordance with Senior Management Team, President, and Board initiatives and directions.
• Responsible for reporting to the Board on a variety of subjects related to areas of oversight including explanation of variances, budget forecasts and other appropriate items.
• Maintains relationship with the City of Scottsdale staff to ensure compliance with the contractual agreements governing the Scottsdale Arts operations and fiscal responsibilities.
This position requires a Master’s degree in finance, MBA or CPA degree along with eight to 10 years of experience with progressively increasing responsibilities and oversight of the financial and administrative functions for a nonprofit organization. A minimum of three years of that experience must include active supervision and leading of others to reach departmental goals. Non-profit experience and/or arts experience is highly preferred. The ability to work flexible hours is required.
The Director of Finance and Administration position is full-time, with a comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental life insurance, long-term disability and more. We offer a 401K after a year’s employment and a Paid Time Off program with a full holiday schedule. Salary commensurate with experience.
Organization/Company: Scottsdale Arts Website: http://www.scottsdalearts.org Location: Scottsdale, AZ Deadline: Open until filled. How to Apply: Apply via this link: https://sccarts.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/f65cc748-fde1-07e3-fd7f-45f0bc94df35/apply?source=566623-CS-20610