Provides administrative, project-management, and research assistance to SMoCA team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Under direction of supervisor)
1. Provide project assistance for assigned exhibitions and their related publications: help preparing production schedules; tracking budgets, loans, and written content; corresponding with artists, galleries, collectors, editors, publishers, and granting agencies; preparing digital images and managing rights and reproductions; ensuring website information is current; proof reading promotional and didactic materials; assist with generating final reports at the end of exhibitions; and maintaining both digital and hard-copy exhibition archives.
2. Providing administrative and scheduling support to the SMoCA Director/Chief Curator such as screening calls, coordinating meetings, preparing reports, coordinating travel, help with logistics and powerpoint presentations and proofreading and/or preparing correspondence.
3. Supports the SMoCA Advisory Board and Board Committees, as needed and assigned, including preparation of meeting room, catering needs and meeting follow-up. Prepares and distributes approved agendas and materials. Maintains committee directories and related databases. Attends meetings and distributes as required.
4. Assist with SMoCA Docent program including clerical/administrative duties, preparation of materials for meetings; fielding phone calls or inquires, and recoding attendance number for docent meeting, tour and events.
5. Schedule requests for private and VIP tours involving SMoCA staff or docents outside of normal tour hours.
6. Circulate and respond to exhibition proposals, artist submissions and messages sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Help manage the museum’s mailing lists and mailings, including VIP invitations and publication exchange.
8. Order curatorial department office supplies.
9. Performs other duties as required
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in art history, museum studies, fine arts or related fields
2. Experience: Previous museum or gallery experience or an understanding of museums with experience in an administrative or project management position
• Knowledge of and appreciation for contemporary art required
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Advanced Spanish language skills desired
• Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
• Creativity and motivation to work in a museum
• Ability to multi-task, working simultaneously on numerous short-term and long-range projects
• Digital proficiency, including: Microsoft Office (esp. Outlook and Excel), image editing (Photoshop preferred), databases (Embark and/or EventPro a plus), website content, and social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram preferred).
4. Work Environment: SMoCA is a fast paced and team focused environment. Work hours are generally standard work week with occasional evening and/or weekend hours as needed. Normal office environment with period need to lift up to 25 pounds.
5. Other requirements: Position requires driving for organization purposes; valid driver’s license and record appropriate to the insurance company regulation. When utilizing personal vehicle for organizational purposes the need for appropriate levels of insurance must be maintained.
Organization/Company: Scottsdale Arts - Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art Website: http://www.scottsdalearts.org Location: Scottsdale, AZ Deadline: Open until filled. How to Apply: Apply using URL: https://sccarts.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/934ef48f-511c-d6f7-27a9-1692906d99b7/apply?source=508768-CS-20610