We are looking for a dynamic professional Communications Manager for Scottsdale Arts, a leading nonprofit arts organization in the Southwest. This unique opportunity is for a select candidate who has a proven track record of promoting a performing arts center, as well as visual art experiences. This position is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of organizational communication strategies and content for internal and external audiences. If you have a passion for the arts, and the powerful impact they can have on people’s lives, we want to meet with you.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Under direction of supervisor)
1. Develop and implement communications plans and strategies for Scottsdale Arts and its divisions in conjunction with senior leadership, marketing director and public relations specialists.
2. Serve as Scottsdale Arts’ chief editor and copywriter; produce quality, creative and impactful content for the organization’s varied communication outlets; proofread materials for accuracy and consistency of branding, messaging and standards; provide editorial guidance to departments throughout the organization.
3. Supervise Scottsdale Arts’ public relations specialists, interns and volunteers; serve as liaison to external consultants, when applicable.
4. Write, edit and distribute news releases for selected initiatives and events, with a focus on Scottsdale Arts and its performing-arts division, Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts; work with senior leadership and marketing director to manage the internal approval process for key communications.
5. Cultivate positive working relationships with members of the media; actively pitch stories to journalists and editors; oversee shared database of media contacts.
6. Serve as primary media contact for Scottsdale Arts and Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts; schedule, prepare and accompany leadership for interviews.
7. Represent the organization at selected events; attend board of trustee meetings and assist visiting journalists and members of the public.
8. Contract and manage media monitoring service to track and measure news coverage; work with public relations specialists to prepare reports and distribute news coverage to leadership team and staff.
9. Maintain and update Scottsdale Arts’ communications guidelines and house stylebook.
10. Performs a variety of supervisory functions including oversight of staff, recruitment, employee relations, training, performance review, counseling, scheduling, work assignments, problem resolution, etc. Supervision is performed in accordance with organizational policies and procedures and supports a positive organizational culture.
11. Other duties assigned as business needs dictate.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field (communications, public relations, liberal arts)
2. Experience: Minimum five years’ experience, preferably in an arts organization or nonprofit setting.
• Familiarity with best practices in communications and PR; broad knowledge of the visual and performing arts, and ability to communicate their value to diverse audiences.
• Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills; flexibility; sound judgement; integrity; and attention to detail; fluency with the Associated Press Stylebook.
• Creative, collaborative team player with ability to communicate to diverse constituents, multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Knowledge of the visual and performing arts; familiarity with local and national arts media outlets.
4. Work Environment: Position requires regular standing, walking, ambulating up and down stairs. May need to lift, push or pull up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close and color vision. Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. This position requires flexible scheduling at times including evening and weekend hours.
5. Other requirements:
• Must possess valid driver’s license and driving record which is acceptable to the organization’s insurance carrier.
Organization/Company: Scottsdale Arts
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Deadline: August 1, 2017
How to Apply: Apply via link: