Rosie’s House employs six full-time staff, 24 part-time highly trained music educators. Rosie’s House is seeking a passionate and experienced music educator with experience in violin performance and pedagogy to join the Rosie’s House team. This position offers opportunity for professional development and increased responsibility.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities
• Maintain a teaching load of 2 group cello classes and 2 private lessons.
• Evaluate student progress using a variety of student assessment methods and participate in juries.
• Communicate proactively with parents and student about progress and concerns in conjunction with Program Coordinator.
• Maintain student policies and procedures in conjunction with Program Coordinator.
• Attend and participate in recitals, juries, meetings, and school events (paid).
Curriculum Development & Program Evaluation:
• Develop 2-3 year curriculum for group cello program and design student assessment tools in collaboration with Program Director and other faculty.
Skills, Traits, and Qualifications:
• Thorough knowledge of cello pedagogy, with direct experience teaching beginners age
9-12 in the group class setting and private students age 12-17.
• Experience teaching and evaluating students consistently over 2-4 years, with proven results in their learning and musical development.
• Ability to identify and meet each student’s learning needs.
• Experience integrating project-based learning and student leadership development in the group class setting.
• Commitment to respectful, compassionate, and proactive communication with students, families, and staff.
• Passion for transforming lives through high-quality music education.
Education, Experience and Other Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Music and/or Music Education required, Master’s degree in Music and/or Music Education preferred.
• Arizona Teaching Certification preferred.
• 2-3 years of experience teaching in public or private school setting.
• 1-2 years of direct experience in a community music school setting or equivalent.
• Suzuki, Kodaly, and/or Orff certification a plus.
Pay and Hours:
Part-time position is hourly instruction at a rate of $40 per hour for group classes. Position is for program duration Sept. 5th to May 12th. Classes are on Rosie’s House campus and scheduled during school hours, Tues-Fri 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. and Saturdays 9:30 – 2:30 p.m. Some flexibility in scheduling is possible. Other hours as assigned. Rosie’s House respects values and welcomes diversity in our workforce. To this end, we encourage all interested persons to apply. EOE. Schedule will require evenings and/or weekends. Rosie’s House respects, values, and welcomes diversity in our workforce. EOE.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. Other duties as assigned. Employment is contingent on:
Ability to receive/maintain a fingerprint clearance card.
Participation in faculty retreat August 26th 2017, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Organization/Company: Rosie’s House: A Music Academy for Children Website: http://www.rosieshouse.org Location: Phoenix, AZ Deadline: June 30, 2017 How to Apply: How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Catherine Reid (firstname.lastname@example.org). All questions may be directed to the same email address.