Phoenix Art Museum is looking for an Associate Registrar to perform various registration and collection management functions assigned by the Registrar, including the proper handling, shipping, receiving, documentation, storage and preservation of works of art in the Museum’s permanent collection objects on loan.
MAIN JOB DUTIES
- Record the condition, receipt, shipment and location of all works of art both inside and outside the Museum. Generate paperwork relating to object movement including loan contracts, receipts, and movement reports.
- Inspect and complete condition reports (using iPad) for all objects arriving and leaving Museum premises. Conduct regular condition reports for permanent collection objects as needed.
- Create and maintain digital records of loaned and accessioned objects in the collection management database, TMS. Input and update records with information relating to loan transactions and exhibitions.
- Produce documentation, agenda, and organize presentation of artwork for monthly Collections Committee meetings. Follow accessioning procedures for accepted objects including updating the database, files, and producing the Deed of Gift forms.
- Arrange shipping works of art via carriers and transportation methods that are in compliance with the Museum’s fine arts insurance policy. Assist in the packing, unpacking, crating, uncrating, loading, unloading and storage of works of art.
- Assist with exhibitions including coordination of installation schedule, working with curators, preparators, security, and couriers.
- Conduct annual vault inventories. Continue the Museum initiative to add barcode tags and labels to all permanent collection objects for inventory management purposes.
- Assist Security and Facilities Department in monitoring environmental conditions, including temperature, relative humidity, and light levels.
- Coordinate with contract conservators as necessary.
- Assist with supervision of interns, volunteers and contract workers.
- Act as a courier for Museum traveling exhibitions and outgoing loans.
- Fill in for Registrar when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art History or Museum Studies; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience in museum registration, collections management or related field.
- Experience in museum registration, accessioning, shipping, receiving, insurance and collection database management systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Skill and Ability to:
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, able to work on multiple projects with little or no supervision.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
Job Status: full-time, regular, non-exempt
(See job posting online here: http://www.phxart.org/aboutus/careers)
Organization/Company: Phoenix Art Museum Website: http://www.phxart.org/aboutus/careers Location: Phoenix, AZ Deadline: Open until filled. How to Apply: To apply: submit cover letter, resume, and salary history with job code PAM-AREG to HR@phxart.org