Baltimore Center Stage (LORT B) is accepting applicants for the position of Associate Production Manager. Responsible for assisting the Director of Production in the leadership, management, and oversight of all Production areas including the Lighting, Sound, Costume, Prop, Scenery, Multimedia, and Stage Management Departments. Under the leadership of Artistic Director Kwame Kwei-Armah and Managing Director Michael Ross, BCS produces six mainstage shows and a mix of other artistic programs on three stages. We are committed to being an inclusive workplace, and strongly believe in the importance of having a diverse group of individuals represented both onstage and off.
Primary duties include:
- Support of Artistic Vision and Goals: Work with the Director of Production, Directors, and Designers to ensure that each production achieves its goals in production values. APM will lead the production management of Mobile Lab and Third Space shows.
- Realization of Designs: Once designs have been approved, communicate with production staff and designers to reach design milestones and ensure designs stay on budget. Work with Stage Management and Technical Director to determine necessary run crew size as designs arrive and new information becomes available.
- Budget Management: Assist the Director of Production in the creation of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Supervise Employees: Assist Director of Production in managing and supervising employees and interns of the Production Department.
- Calendars/Scheduling: Create production and performance calendars through co-ordination with Artistic, Box Office, Marketing, Graphics, and Development staff. Maintain calendars and distribute updated information as necessary. Assist with Special Events and rentals of Center Stage facilities.
- Communication: Maintain proactive and effective communication and collaboration between Production Department and creative staff (e.g., directors, designers). Frequent collaboration with Marketing for show-related events.
Excellent collaborative communication skills. Five years of theater production management or related experience such as stage management or technical direction. Working knowledge of all aspects of theater production. Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft products including Word and Excel. Position is fulltime with benefits.
Organization/Company: Baltimore Center Stage Website: https://www.centerstage.org/about/opportunities/employment Location: Baltimore, MD Deadline: Open until filled. How to Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org and please put APM in the subject line. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse pool of candidates is identified.