Oversees the strategic and day to day planning, scheduling, preparing and maintenance of Scottsdale Arts managed facilities.
Full time position, flexible hours (evenings and weekends included). Benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, ltd. 401K after one year. Paid Time Off plan plus holidays.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Under direction of supervisor)
1. Recommends, develops, implements and enforces a variety of procedures and policies governing the use and management of the physical spaces under Scottsdale Art’s auspices.
2. Provides space assessment and planning for events, exhibitions and performances.
3. Reviews contracts, makes recommendations and maintains documents relating to the physical structures and spaces.
4. Coordinates with the City of Scottsdale regarding repair, maintenance and other needs of the buildings.
5. Develops, implements and oversees departmental budget, making recommendations for equipment, maintenance items, capital improvements and other upkeep needed to ensure buildings are adequately maintained.
6. Develops and implements security protocols for keys, fobs, and other security devises for the organization.
7. Coordinates with divisions regarding facility’s needs, anticipating upcoming event structure related to security, maintenance and protection services requirements.
8. Oversees the master calendar for Scottsdale Arts managed facilities. Responsible for overseeing the attendance component of the annual report.
9. Performs a variety of supervisory functions including oversight of staff, recruitment, employee relations, training, performance review, counseling, scheduling, work assignments, problem resolution etc. Supervision is performed in accordance with organizational policies and procedures and supports a positive organizational culture.
10. Develops and provides reporting on attendance, incidents, and other requirements as needed.
11. Performs other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field, or experience to equal four years (in addition to experience listed below)
2. Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar setting doing arts management, facility management and project management.
Ability to read, analyze, interpret common scientific and technical journals, blue prints and technical drawings, financial reports and legal documents.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or Board of Trustees
Ability to work mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exist.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Fluent in Microsoft Suite. Experience with database driven calendaring such as EventPro or Tessitura highly desired.
4. Work Environment: Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds following OSHA safety guidelines. Must be agile enough to work on catwalks and roofs up to 45 feet above the ground. Regularly required to sit, stand and walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Required to maintain safe working practices and procedures. The work environment includes working out of doors which can include extreme temperatures and various noise levels. Must be available to work early mornings, nights, weekends and irregular hours as business needs dictate.
5. Other requirements:
Must possess valid driver’s license and driving record which is acceptable to the organization’s insurance carrier.
Organization/Company: Scottsdale Arts Website: http://www.scottsdalearts.org Location: Scottsdale, AZ Deadline: Open until filled. How to Apply: Apply via URL: https://sccarts.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/d2cd1d0a-d05c-bf7f-3b66-80381c9a8d43/apply?source=511055-CS-20610