Reports to: Chief Executive Officer Job Family: Salary, Full-Time, Exempt
About: Rosie’s House: A Music Academy for Children is a nationally recognized free afterschool music program for students from low-income families. Rosie’s House believes music education creates hope, fuels the imagination, sparks creativity, and is a powerful force for social justice and vitality in our community. Certified by the National Guild for Community Arts Education, Rosie’s House provides 425 students, ages 5-18, with instruction in strings, winds, piano, and ensemble opportunities in mariachi and choir. Rosie’s House is a creative youth development program that utilizes music education to achieve youth development goals.
Rosie’s House employs six full-time staff, 21 part-time highly trained music educators, and has an annual operating budget of approximately $600,000 (contributed revenue model). Rosie’s House is seeking a passionate, dynamic and strategic Advancement & Marketing Director who is seeking a high-growth opportunity.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities
• Work in partnership with the CEO and Program Director to continually identify trends that provide the foundation for vision and future services.
• Work in partnership with the CEO and Program Director to cultivate brand awareness including the development of a constituency in the community.
• Direct overall fund advancement strategy including development of annual fund plan, major gift acquisition, corporate partnership activation, foundation solicitation and planned gift program.
• Participate in the strategic planning, preparation and execution of major giving cultivation and special events.
• Oversee and submit corporate and foundation grant solicitations, and manage grant activation and reporting.
• Assure the development and implementation of meaningful revenue projections.
• Direct support staff (1) in goal actualization, time management, and priorities.
Marketing, Communication & Community Engagement:
• Direct marketing & communication annual strategy including oversee messaging and communication targeted to stakeholders, donors, volunteers, and general public.
• Direct collateral and content creation including advertisement, newsletters (print and online), direct mail, email, invitations, annual reports, website, and social media.
• Act as a spokesperson for presentations and community engagement opportunities.
• Build on existing collaborations with performing arts and community organizations.
• Contribute to a workplace culture that values collaboration, respect, professionalism, and mission-focused decision making.
Essential Qualities and Character Traits:
You will succeed in this role at Rosie’s House if:
• You have a thorough knowledge of the principles and practical aspects of fund advancement
• You are a persuasive and passionate communicator with ability to motivate and persuade diverse groups of people
• You have exceptional messaging, communication and marketing skills
• You thrive in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment
• You are service oriented with a passion for arts education and positive youth development
Education, Experience and Other Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
• CFRE certification preferred
• 4-6 Years direct experience in fund advancement
• Direct experience in messaging, campaign creation, and communication strategies
• Two (2) years of proven experience in soliciting major gifts
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, Donor Database experience and general technical ability required
• Basic knowledge of financial accounting principals
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and will be in the range of $53,000 – $57,500 annually. Benefits include full health, dental, vision coverage and generous PTO package. Schedule will require some weekends and/or evenings. Rosie’s House respects, values, and welcomes diversity in our workforce. EOE.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. Other duties as assigned. Employment is contingent on: Ability to receive/maintain a fingerprint clearance card.
Organization/Company: Rosie's House: A Music Academy for Children Website: http://www.rosieshouse.org Location: Phoenix, AZ Deadline: June 30, 2017 How to Apply: How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Becky Bell Ballard at firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions may be directed to the same email address.