Position: Accounting Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Accounting Manager serves to provide financial accounting and business process operational support to the Finance department of Ballet Arizona (BAZ).
Responsibilities Include but are Not Limited to:
• Completes and coordinates monthly financial closing process for the Company books
• Prepares all designated account reconciliations on a timely and accurate basis
• Completes and prepares monthly journal entries to ensure the month-end trial balance represents accurate accounting data, account classifications and departmental classifications
• Manages and executes all accounting and reconciliation processes within the Company
• Maintains proactive communication and working relationship with all staff
• Supervises data entry functions for receipts, deposits and invoices.
• Completes and coordinates the monthly closing process from a detail viewpoint to prepare financial data for the CFO to develop monthly financial management reports
• Maintains detail documentation and audit trail back up for all journal entries, reconciliations and financial related transactions.
• Prepares all designated reconciliations on a timely and accurate basis by the end of the 3rd week of the next month, including bank reconciliations and specific trail balance accounts as designated by the CFO.
• Prepares and enters all month-end journal entries for closing.
• Prepares accounts payable invoices in terms of account coding and billing accuracy and submits to CFO for review and approval
• Manages data entry and prepares all earned and contributed receipts and deposits for the Company and School on a timely and accurate basis.
• Acts as payroll backup to the HR Manager.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Independent self starter
• At least 3 years hands on with QuickBooks
• At least 5 years experience as a full charge bookkeeper responsible for monthly closings and reconciliations. Extremely familiar with internal control and accounting processes.
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Good analytical and numbers skills
• At least 5 years Microsoft office software (Excel in particular) experience
• Not for profit industry background preferred
Accounting/ Financial Operations
• Monitors current accounting and accounting related processes to enable integration, timeliness and accuracy of financial data
• Makes recommendations to improving such processes proactively and consistently
• Works well will all other elated staff members to enable integration of processes, data and working relationships
Summary of Skills Requirements:
• Accounting and month-end closing skills
• Effective and efficient process experience
• Solid attention to detail
• Solid oral and written communication skills.
• Team leader and team player.
Reporting to this Position: No direct reports
Organization/Company: Ballet Arizona
Location: Phoenix. AZ
Deadline: April 30, 2017
How to Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to: HR@balletaz.org
Principals only – no telephone calls will be accepted