The Surprise Arts & Cultural Advisory Commission is seeking 2D submissions in any medium focusing on comic, graphic and illustrative art to be displayed in our City Hall Gallery. The exhibit will be on display August 28 through November 2.
Deadline to enter: August 18, 2017
- Entries must be the artist’s original work. 2D entries only.
- All entries will be juried by the Surprise Arts and Cultural Advisory Commission and artists will be notified of acceptance AFTER the City legal department has approved the selections made by the Commission.
- Entries must include an image of each piece, digital images can be sent via email using subject line Surprise City Hall Submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All digital files must be formatted as JPEG, and must be sized to a maximum of 1,400 pixels wide by 1,050 pixels high and sized to a maximum file size of 1 MB. CDs will not be returned. Please title image files: Last Name_Title of Piece. (If you have any questions, please contact the WVAC at 623.935.6384)
- The completed entry form and artwork images must be received by the deadline for artwork to be considered.
- All hanging artwork must be properly framed, not to exceed 20 lbs.
- Artwork must be no larger than 60″x60″ and no smaller than 8″x8″.
- All artwork must be properly wired “ready to hang”; no saw tooth hangers permitted.
- All submitted work must include a label or identification on the back of the work, including the name of the artist and the title of the piece.
- Artwork measurements should be artwork/canvas only, and not include mat/frame.
Organization/Company: Surprise Arts & Cultural Advisory Commission
Location: Surprise, AZ
Deadline: August 18, 2017
How to Apply: To enter, visit http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Call-to-Artists---City-of-Surprise.html?soid=1101109667597&aid=n21BsR-Ti0I